Total Pageviews

Friday, August 9, 2013

A week in the country

I was in Southeast Idaho this week, leading workshops with a good friend of mine for some of the best people in the world. It was a great week both professionally and personally.

I always enjoy the area around Blackfoot and Idaho Falls. Probably not my cup of tea as a place to retire, but a lovely place to visit.
We finished the last day’s workshop about 3:00pm and decided to go check out Yellowstone Bear World before dinner. You drive through – with your windows UP – and gawk at bears and deer and woodchucks and birds and wolves and a moose… You get the idea. Admittedly cliché touristy but it was fun so don’t judge me.

The best part was the petting zoo. The two month fawn fawned over me.
Then, this morning as my plane waited its turn at the runway, I happened to glance out the windows to either side. On the left, no more than a hundred, sixty or so yards away a herd of cows was grazing, udderly (couldn’t hep masef) unconcerned at the jet engines spooling up so close to them. Maybe four hundred yards to the right a classic Midwest Protestant church steeple, improbably pointy and impossibly white, poked up through the trees.

So, just before being propelled to four hundred miles per hour, I got this little dose of country.
Cool trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.