Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2016

Road trip

I love road trips. No surprise there for anyone who knows me.

This one was special. I spent a week in a car and hotel rooms and diners with a young guy just starting out in life. And it was one of the best weeks of my life.

The purpose of the trip was to collect his ‘stuff’ from Miami and Boston and transport it and him to Chicago, where my daughter – his amour – awaited the big arrival. And as you can tell from my last post, we saw a few things along the way, some goofy and some magnificent.

By far the best part of the trip for me was just talking. Sharing. Discussing and agreeing (or sometimes, not), then talking some more.

I’ve never had many male friends and fairly recently said goodbye to one who turned out not to be the friend I thought he was. I’m just more comfortable in the company of women.

But now I think I’ve found a buddy.

It was a great trip. But more than that, it was a wonderful visit.


Thanks, Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.