Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Back home

I’m home for a week or so and taking a day completely off to rest and write.

Okay, I’ll do some cleaning and take shirts to cleaners and cook the pork roast for lunches in the coming week. But no work-work today, although I can’t promise for tomorrow. And no yard work or garage straightening. I’ll do whatImustandnomore because today is my day to be me.

Part of being me is spending some time with Daughter One. Spent some time talking about family and work gossip and that was wonderful but not necessary for my happiness. Just being in the same space with her is precious time. She’s a good head, as we used to say.

Night before last, I had dinner with Sheila and Karen and that was special in its own way. And I’m planning a road trip wit me bro in a month or two that will be fabulous.

But today, I’m alone with my stuff and my thoughts and the knowledge of my daughter close at hand.


My life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.