Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2016

Comparative literature

Emma Lazarus, 1883:
“…and her name Mother of Exiles…
Keep your ancient lands, your storied pomp…
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Donald Trump, 2016:

“As a President… I would be very, very tough on the borders, and I would be not allowing certain people to come to this country without absolute perfect documentation… People are pouring across our borders unabated Public reports routinely state great amounts of crime are committed by illegal immigrants.  This must be stopped and it must be stopped now. We’re going to build the wall, and we’re going to stop it. It’s going to end.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.