Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2017

One thing

I wanted to fix it all.
Wanted so badly to roll back the horrible.
Can’t do it. Can you?
Didn’t think so.
I can’t unwind all the malicious, destructive and just plain wrong-headed things happening today, this week, this month.
I just can’t.
And neither can you.
And that’s okay. It’s okay to say can’t. It’s actually sort of liberating. And even necessary.
Important note: I did not say won’t. Said can’t.
You need to say can’t to clear away enough of the haze to see your way to can.
Because – and please believe this - there is a path to can.
It doesn’t wend its way through dozens of issues beyond my control.
The path to can runs straight through clarity and commitment.
One thing.
I can choose one thing
I’ll make it my thing. The one ship I can turn. (Okay, help turn.)
One really important thing. Yes, yes, they’re all really important.
But I’ll choose my one.

And get started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.