Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My new office

We’re moving our offices tomorrow. So today, I had to pack mine up into those big mover bins with numbered labels so that everything that started in my old office will wind up in my new office.

I can’t wait for my new digs! I'll have a little conference table for creative meetings and a projection screen for when I need to preview a new course. Plenty of shelf space for my reference books and lots of blank wall space so I can use stickies to story-board my lesson plans.
They’re giving me an annual Metro pass so I don’t have to drive to and from work and I won’t even have a transfer. And I can ride light rail right from work to the airport.
The new office is in the downtown core, so there are about a hundred cool places to eat within easy walking distance.  And the Pike Place Fish Market (yes, that one!)is just a couple blocks from my bus stop, so I can grab dinner on the way home.
A-a-a-and, it’s only on floor five (I NEVER go above seven!) and there’s a coffee shop right in the lobby. I am really looking forward to this new office.  I already have a space picked out for my ceramic gargoyle!
Of course, if I had known when I was young that I’d grow up to be excited about this sort of stuff, I’d have just cut my wrists.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so cool! Next time I visit, you can have a "take a friend to work" day! SIN

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.