Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My burden

Mary and I went for a hike this morning with Mary’s sister and a couple who’ve been PTA buddies for as long as our kids have been in school. Besides great company, it was a wonderful hike to Twin Falls. This hike is fairly easy with a few ups and downs (including the one when I was watching the flora instead of my footing – ahem). The weather was poifect and everywhere along the route you could hear rushing, falling water.

Sis-in-law knows more than anyone needs to know about hiking in this area and walking with her makes me hopeful that I’ll eventually make it back to many of those places. I’d love to do Lake Annnette again or Mt. Si any number of places for the first time.
Of course, the hike would have been infinitely easier had I not been carrying the equivalent of a fifth grader around with me every step of the way. I’ve started making inroads to that issue and making this hike really brought home the importance and immediacy of my need to calve off a few fat-bergs.
I’m laying this out for you not because there’s any profundity to be found in discussing my ampleness but rather because the readers of this blog are people I know and love and trust. So I guess this is my equivalent of coming out to you. I’m sick of being fat and I’m not going to take it anymore.
Hold my feet to the fire on this. I’d like to live to enjoy retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.