Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It’s list time again!

My thanks-giving list:
1.       None of my family were in the accident I saw tonight.
2.       The folks who were involved had a dozen responders on the scene within about four minutes, with all sorts of equipment.
3.       Daughter Two has a good friend with whom to spend the holiday.
4.       We were born in a place / time in which we’re able to live lives free from want. And when we can talk to Daughter Two in real time when she can’t come home for the holiday.
5.       Mary
6.       Family
7.       Old friends
8.       My turkey roaster
9.       The book I’m reading (Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West)
10.   The dogs, except sometimes.
11.   Writing
And a really special one: Mary and I are so fortunate that our daughters have had opportunities and have capitalized on those opportunities to establish their lives in wonderful directions, that they’re both smart and courageous enough to make course corrections when needed, and that they have each other.
Dear readers, I hope this finds each of you with uncountable reasons to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.