Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The (apparently) infinite list

I crossed a big one off the bucket list this week. Of course, in so doing I sort of redefined the meaning of ‘senior’ as in ‘senior thesis,’ but what the hey.  And I’ll cross another one off the list this coming week when Mary and I drive US 101 the length of the Oregon coast on our way down to California for frolics with amis et famille.

So, one would think that the list de bucket would be two notches shorter, non?
To be succinct, non.

I’ve added more goals than I’ve subtracted. Why is that? Just additions to the sub-list of places I’d like to see are sufficient to ensure that the master list will never be depleted. If we add books I’d like to read, the rate at which the list increases - even correcting for completions such as this week’s - requires a grounding in calculus to, well, calculate. If you add in the things I want to build, places I’d like to paddle, ideas about which I’d like to write…
Anyhoo, crossing off this big one means more time for personal pursuits such as blogging. I’ll leave it to you to decide if this is a good thing.

(Sidebar: Congrats, Sindy! Sounds like the show was a hoot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.