Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 15, 2013

News

I consider myself a reasonably bright guy. If I’m not, about ninety people are going to be real disappointed with the workshops they’re attending this week.  Not brilliant, not earthshaking intelligence but bright enough. So how come I can’t decide what news to read and then understand whatever I choose?

It’s getting late and I need to get some sleep before my morning flight. So when I pop onto Reuters or CNN  or Le Monde to check out the haps, it’s disconcerting to be confronted with a sea of topics, for any one of which I would have to do an hour’s research just to be able to understand import of the post.
I like to keep up to date but the “information age” seems to be getting closer to the “confusion of channels” age. With a few keystrokes, I can locate and peruse much more really important information than I can possibly absorb on a given day.

So, why is it that the TV news rooms in this major market spend most of their time talking blood and guts or laughing at each other’s stupid jokes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.