Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Playing in the sand

I spent a decent portion of today playing in the sand. That is, I spent some time raking a sand bed and setting in place the recycled bricks that will form the platform for our grill.

We cook out fairly frequently. Poor man’s dinner out without heating up the kitchen, doncha know. And we don’t have a place to park the grill that doesn’t detract from our use of the main patio. So for years, I’ve been intending to put in this little auxiliary patio.
We salvaged the bricks from various tear outs around the yard and they’ve been sitting neatly stacked by the side of the garage since One was in middle school. Always intended to repurpose them but never got around to it.

Until today.
So, I’m about two-thirds through the process and this evening Mary and I made a run to the home improvement big box to purchase what I need to complete the job, since the recycled materials came up short of the requirement.

By this time tomorrow, we will have the grill installed in its new home, having reclaimed our main patio for purposes of sitting and staring. But that’s not the point of this missive.
The point is simple and it is this:

I REALLY had fun playing in the sand today.
Don’t tell Mary. She’s still giving me credit for you know, working hard.

Tee hee!

1 comment:

  1. Mary is a smart woman...she knows you had a good time AND finished a project. That is a win-win for all.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.