Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Some ideas for your listening pleasure

I had just finished recording a teaching storyboard for training and this thing was graphics heavy and of course full of narration so, big file. BIG file and because of slow server speeds, etc. it was taking forever to save to my F:/drive.

Doing anything else with my computer during one of these mass data moves, I’ve learned from experience, just slows things down so I pulled out a tablet and Googled ‘TED talks disabilities.’ I really have too little time for primary research so I find that the TEDs frequently lead me to fruitful lines of inquiry. The two links that follow were informative, yes, but more than that, thought provoking and really just lovely. I hope you enjoy them.
Rosie is 16, charming and brilliant. Would that we were all so together at her age. Enjoy:


 Andrew Solomon is, well, Andrew Solomon. He talks about parenting a child who is different from the parent in a significant way, such as a child with a disability or in our case, children who are orders of magnitude more intelligent than their parents (Yeah, there’s some prideful bragging at first; then it just gets hard.). I love finding people who obviate the need for me to share my thoughts because they’ve already done it so eloquently:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.