Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Jambalaya

I’m having jambalaya for lunch.

I’ve never had it before, at least, not that I can recall. (I know, I know, what have I been eating all these years, right?)

Seems that of late I’m eating lots of things that are new to me. Not necessarily because I’m suddenly overcome with a yen for gustatorial adventurousness. No, it’s more because daughters mine have been stretching their horizons and encouraging Mary and me to join them in their explorations.

I’m sort of screwed by my own parenting style. We always encouraged our daughters to expand said horizons. I just never thought their explorations would come back on me like this.

You see, I’m sort of your standard meat-fish-poultry-taters-rice-bread-chocolate kind of guy. Not big on most veggies and particularly non-fond of too much spice or peppers of the hot varieties. And not a fan of trying new recipes.

Our daughters are changing all that. Especially One. She has become quite the chef and Mary and I get to reap the benefits.

I’m having jambalaya for lunch.

Can’t wait.


I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.