Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 1, 2012

My latest list

Advertising efforts that do not have what I assume is the desired affect on me:

1)      Waving signs at me on street corners;

2)      Any ad  that promotes the idea that parents are stupid, uncool or clueless and that pre-teen kids have all the answers;

3)      The Mentos spots in which we were supposed to laugh along with people being “fresh,” when in fact, they were just being obscenely rude;

4)      Anything with prominent butts – I do not want to see your butt on TV, no matter how shapely;

5)      Ditto breasts – context is everything;

6)      Any ad suggesting I may be entitled to a settlement for injuries;

7)      Public Service Announcements in which multi-millionaire actors tell me where to send my money, how to act, what to care about, etc. I love actors and acting but being able to deliver a line does not qualify you to give the rest of us life advice;

8)      Billboards;

9)      Anything inserted into a magazine that wafts scents when opened;

10)   Anything hung on my doorknob or inserted under my windshield wiper;

11)   People shoving handbills at me in any venue;

12)   Unsolicited sales calls to my home phone;

13)   2/3 of the crap that ends up in my mailbox;

14)   Text ads on my cell phone;

15)   Etc.

Can you tell I’m cranky today? Does it show at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.