Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sometimes justice does prevail

George Zimmerman was charged with murder today. And that’s appropriate.

I don’t know exactly what happened that night when he shot Trayvon Martin to death. The press doesn’t know, and neither do you.

I know what I suspect to be true, based on the reports I’ve seen. But I’m not qualified to judge, nor do I presume to know all the evidence.

This thing belongs in court where rules of evidence apply. That’s no guarantee of justice either – witness the O.J. fiasco – but it at least offers the possibility of fair play.

The only thing I know for sure is that in this confrontation, one guy was walking around the neighborhood carrying a gun and now a young man is dead.

Thanks so much, NRA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.