Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A certain quality of light

Walking from the bus this evening, I was taken aback by how gorgeous the weather was. It had been raining cats and dogs last evening and spitting on me while I waited for the bus this morning. On the ride home, I got into my reading and between that and my iPod, didn’t look around much. But then I was walking the block home and realizing I didn’t need my hoodie.

After letting the canines out of doggie jail, I sat in one of the Adirondacks to watch the dogs play. And looking around, I realized it was one of those special days.

When it’s been raining and then stops, I swear the light is special. I know the grass is perked up by the nitrogen and the scud is out of the air. But I would swear the light is different.

It’s yellower, or something. And clearer. And you just sit there and drink it in.

It was a good evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.