Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Politics is hard

Or would it be, politics are hard? Oh, never mind…

I’m watching a politician speak as I type this. I’ve watched quite a number of politicians speak of late. And I’m growing weary of them.  
I’m not a big fan of rhetoric. And I’m REALLY not a big fan of being lied to by someone who hopes I’ll give him or her the power to act on my behalf and spend my money. Make that my grandchildren’s money, since we’ve already spent ourselves well into their futures.
 I won’t get into the question of for whom I intend to vote and either way, some of you would be disappointed in my choice. Truth be told, I’ll be at least a little disappointed in my choice as well, since there’s no candidate – not for President, not for governor of my state, not for any of the down ticket races that will be decided in November – who completely represents my point of view.
I’ll do my best to vote for candidates and issues that I feel  are most likely to take my county and state and country in a positive direction.
I hope you will, too.
And then, regardless how the elections turn out, I hope we can still be friends.  Because if we can’t, we will have lost something much more important than an election.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.