Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Return of Brer Michael

Okay, so it’s been a long siesta but the time has been well spent. Week of the 20th I was running a conference in Rapid City which went quite well but burned all my time. The week now ending, I’ve been visiting with family and friends in California.

This has been a great time for me personally as I renewed friendships of forty-odd years, got away from the grind for a bit and reminded myself of what was important in life. Got to visit with Marc and Taryn and their growing family (yes, I AM the baby whisperer) and we’ve hiked and kayaked from Moss Landing to Sacramento. Today, Mary and I will visit with my buddy Sherree and then tomorrow, a big family barbecue before a fairly grueling drive Monday to get Mary back to work Tuesday.

So, why the travelogue? Because it’s this stuff that really matters. We don’t all agree on politics, teams, where to live or how. But we all can get together around the idea of just enjoying each other’s company.  I’m glad each and all of these people are in my world.

Thanks to all who’ve made this one of my all time best vacations.
We’ll chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.