Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Aimee Mullins


Aimee Mullins gave a TED talk in which she said, among other things, “The only true disability is a crushed spirit.”
I really hope you’ll follow the link below and listen to her chat about…well, I think I’ll let her speak for herself. Because here’s the thing – I was going through the little notebook I carry around in my shirt pocket on which I jot down ideas to which I intend to return later. Some of them become blog posts, some go in the book draft, some alert me to pick up milk and butter lettuce and frankly, sometimes I just can’t recall why I’d written the note in the first place. And that’s the entries I can read, my penmanship being questionable at the best of times.

Anyway, I was thumbing through and trying to decide what to write about this evening and then I came to a cryptic reference to Aimee Mullins. So I watched her talk and I found it of interest. I’m thinking you might, as well. Enjoy.
http://www.ted.com/talks/aimee_mullins_the_opportunity_of_adversity.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.