Total Pageviews

Friday, January 31, 2014

My week...


…was really fun!
Last weekend, Mary and I got a LOAD of yard work done.

I’ve been to the gym several times this week. Did some really good reading and even some writing on my book project. I played guitar several times, if you can call what I do playing the guitar. It’s gonna take a lot of practice to get those chops back.
I zammed through some projects at work that made me feel like I actually accomplished something. I frequently feel that way in my job and yes, I do count myself lucky.

Had a couple of good conversations with Daughters One and also Two and reflected on how much I envy them both for following their dreams at their young ages. Also had some good conversations with Mary, mostly centered around her first foray into being a consultant. She’s excited about the prospect and it excites me to see her excited.
I made some chicken soup, not my best ever but it worked. Last evening, Mary was taking her friend out shopping so I decided to surprise her with a deep clean of the middle level of the house while she was away. But lo and behold, when I got home from work, she surprised me with freshly mopped floors and vacuumed rugs. Now, that was cool in sort of a Gift-of-the-Magi way!

I got to bed early most nights and so was able to haul my carcass out early enough the next morning to spend some time reading over coffee before heading out for the bus.

This may not be the most exciting or inspiring blog entry you’ve ever read but I sure had a good time this week!
We’re making plans for our Spring’s adventures in building sweat equity and looking forward to meeting Susan’s new guide dog.

Life is definitely good!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a VERY good life. We are very blessed

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.