Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 23, 2014

List time again - yowser!


In the small notebook I carry in my shirt pocket (my short term memory) I’ve recorded several quotes that I consider worthy of sharing, which brings us to the list du jour:

Quotes that got my attention and that some of you may never read if I don’t share them here:
“BehindGod’sEyeToiletBowl, USA” – My buddy April’s name for an imaginary town in the boonies

“You can’t save time – no bank will take it.” – David Melvin, during a management workshop
“Do unto others as they would have you do unto them” – Also David Melvin

“I have 99 problems and cerebral palsy is just one of them.” – Maysoon Zayid (Please watch her on TED)
“Three things that are useless to a pilot: altitude above you, runway behind you, and fuel back at the airport.”  – WWII B-24 pilot Norman Ray, quoted by Stephen Ambrose The Wild Blue…

“I don’t have the power to… Oh wait, I do, because I’m Sheila!” – Sheila
“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” – Annie Dillard in A Writer’s Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.