Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 29, 2014

More signs of geezerdom


Ever more compelling evidences of encroaching geezerdom may include the following:

·         The enjoyment I get from using my floor steamer makes my day.

·         Reading in bed is a big pastime.

·         Strolling around Home Depot and Sears with Mary looking at window coverings and patio grills counts as a date night.

·         I enjoy eating the same Rice Chex and banana for breakfast innumerable mornings in a row.

·         I find reruns infinitely more entertaining than most things currently being produced for television.

·         When I choose a shirt in the morning, it’s all about comfort, frayed collars be damned.

·         I catch myself thinking it’s been a long day and then realize only twelve hours have gone by since I awoke this morning.

·         I feel the flash of annoyance at the antics of the youngsters downtown, just before I recall doing the same thing forty years ago.

·         Most of my favorite tunes had been around for a decade before my now-adult daughters were born.

·         This blog is approaching 500 posts and I have still done nothing to liven up the format. Haven’t even looked at the options.

·         I spent an hour sorting out tools in the garage yesterday and really enjoyed the experience.

·         The younger neighbors who’ve moved into the neighborhood the past few years would likely view me as Mr. Wilson – if they understood the reference (see the reruns item above) and they’d be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.