Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

An upcoming visit


Me Bro is coming for a visit later this week and I can’t wait! I mean, I knew I was anxious but today my anticipation really clicked into high gear.
I was on a road trip for work today and for once someone else handled the driving, freeing me to watch the scenery. And what scenery! If you’ve never driven along the Sound from Everett to Bellingham, then I’m sorry, you just haven’t lived.

There are more possible put-ins for a kayaker than you can shake a paddle at. Several large rivers empty into Puget Sound along this drive and I can’t wait to check them out. Steamboat Slough should be a fun paddle. The Stillaguamish River provides a welter of tributaries, and the Skagit makes some wild switchbacks in and among the tulip fields before making its sprint to salt water.
Pat wants to revisit Lake Easton and I’m game, so long as he doesn’t plan to get recompense for a certain, er, accidental nudge that left him swimming in snow runoff water a few years back. (Accident, I swear!)

We’ll probably spend some time on Salmon Bay or Lake Union closer to home, but I really do hope we’ll wander up the inland coast a ways.
Oh, and we have that outing to Mount Rainier. Yowser!

So much to see, so little bro time in which to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.