Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Toni's response

Toni's comment on my former post is important so I wanted to make sure you all see it, since I know a lot of people don't read comments. (And yes, I despise flash mobs.)

Toni says:

Well said.
Not liking to label myself, I never know whether to call myself a feminist, a humanist or just a woman who is fed up and pissed off!
During Presidential debates, the media focuses on the statements made by the male candidates and who the designer is of the pant suit the female candidate is wearing.
Almost every cop movie has a stripper pole scene in it. Most of our commercials objectify women.
Photos of women are still photo-shopped to the hilt so that even models and celebrities who make-believe in front of cameras don't look like themselves.
California just passed a law that defines that yes means yes and no means no and not hearing a "yes" means no too.
It pisses me off that we stop touching our boys in America by the time they are 5 years old even though it is proven that the average human being needs to be touched at least 12 times a day to thrive.
I know many men who are fed up with the neanderthal thinking but activism needs to start somewhere, and sometimes, without an invitation, apathy rules.
You have the biggest, kindest heart I know (except when flash mobs are involved) and teeny-bopper actresses tend to exist on the south side of wisdom but perfection doesn't exist. Dialogue needs a place to begin and maybe it starts with offending invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.