Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Off the grid (sort of)


I am out of town. Which is not to say I am not in any town. I am in fact in A town, just not MY town. Which means, of course that I am not at home with access to our home network. Which further means I don’t have internet access.

So, you can fairly assume that this missive will be posted, if it all, sometime after I wrote it. I can’t call it in like the old time reporters who would dash to a pay phone, shoving all the other reporters out of the way as they scramble for the scoop (as though getting to the phone a few seconds faster would make a difference to a print news organization) cradling the headset between ear and shoulder, then shouting that riveting line, “Hold the presses!” And then the reporter, with his cheap hat with the press badge in the band would dictate the story to a harried copy boy at the other end of the line (completely off camera so they don’t have to credit another bit player) and punctuate the urgency with “Got that? Okay, read it back!”

So anyway, that’s what my writing and posting of this missive was NOT like. So I am just typing it out and hitting save and waiting until Pat finds the password I can post this.

Which now he has done and now I shall do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.