Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Had another birthday

Yesterday.

Got a nice toy from Mary. And calls from our Daughters, One and also Two. And a promise of lunch at the Der (yes I KNOW they dropped the ‘Der’ from the name but I’m a purist, so please just let it go) and a miniature cake.

The dogs didn’t seem to take much note of the sixty-second anniversary of my natal day. They were, however, impressed to the usual level when I fed them and Zoey the Small and Annoying took delight in chasing her ball. Odin the Large and Lazy mostly just lived up to his name.
Mary and I made plans for today, involving such red letter events as getting new tires for the truck, searching Half Price Books for a copy of the tome I was halfway through when I left it on top of the payment machine in the airport parking garage. Didn’t find it but did find a new Amy Tan so all was not lost.

My buddy Sheila called to wish me a happy which was very cool because I’d forgotten so it truly was a nice surprise.
I had a wonderful chat with my bus buddy Marsha who teaches at the maritime school in Seattle. She’s a fascinating person who has sailed the seven seas as crew on board yachts of wealthy people. She and I are both teachers so we frequently talk shop and of course, there’s always the fact that she has lived the life that a zillion others wish they’d had the guts and fortitude to pursue to hold my interest. I wish One and Two could meet her.

I’m looking forward to being a whole family for a few days at Two’s graduation and to doing a road trip with Two to California and to kayaking, etc.
One is singing a lead part in a big showcase and I am so basking in the pride I know she must be feeling.

It’s been a really good birthday weekend so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.