Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My baby's feet

I went with Mary for her pre-surgery appointment with her foot surgeon this morning. It was so cool looking at her x-ray images where for once even an amateur like moi could readily see exactly what the doc was describing to us.

It was fascinating looking at the skeletal structure as it always is. Something about the workings of the human body is just riveting.
More than that, my true love has been in serious foot pain just about all the time for as long as I can recall. And this guy was able to show us why. And show us what he’s going to do about it. And predict that her post-surgical pain will be no more than 20% of her pre-surgical pain because most of the nasties causing the pain (but only most - can’t do much about the effects of arthritis) will be gone.

I always hate for any of my loved ones to undergo surgical risk. But in this case, I think we’re both honestly looking forward to it.
Plus, it’s a day off work, so I got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.