Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spring evening

I had a hard night last night. Woke up every hour or so. Heartburn. Repeated fluid adjustment events. It was one of those nights when sleep just does not seem to play a major part. And wouldn’t you know it – this was the day I needed to be up at five a.m. because of a work commitment.

The work was fun and interesting, as it frequently is but still it was, you know, work. So by the time I got home I was plenty tired. Brain dead and plumb wore out, as they say.
I came in and hello’d Mary. Let the dogs out the back door and followed them out. And the whole day changed.

The back yard was freshly mowed and as green as only recent spring rains can make it. The air was cool. Birds chattered their dissatisfaction at my presence and Zoey the Small and Annoying did her dancing feints and retreats until I threw her toy for her a couple times. Odin the Large and Lazy sprawled on the grass in validation of his name.
Mary ordered pizza so we didn’t have to cook, I’m spending some time writing (duh!) and we’ll watch Reese Witherspoon in Wild before I go to bed early and, one hopes, slumber through until my alarm heralds a new cycle.

Meanwhile, life is good. I truly love evenings like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.