Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

This summer

It’s almost here. Summer.

Usually a period of time characterized by too much heat in our un-air conditioned manse, drudgery in the yards to keep it presentable, primarily for the dogs. And of course, primarily in spite of the dogs. I‘m not a warm weather person, never have been. So I suppose my generalized distaste for most things summery is simply a matter of druthers. Certainly I don’t expect others to share my preference for a nice blustery fall day or driving rain outside whilst I’m reading inside.
I have to admit to a number of positive aspects to the approaching dry season. My brother and his wife usually visit and we get in some paddling. We get to see one or both of the Daughters, One and / or Two. And grilling our dinner is nice. Throwing toys for the dogs where no lamps will be damaged.

So I guess you could say that I usually view summer as a mixed bag.
But not this year. This year it shall have been glorious, as the King might say.

In a couple of days I’m off for a quick turnaround trip to see One’s dinner theatre show, which has me on pins and needles. Can’t wait!
Then we go to Boston for Two’s college graduation. Followed by two (count ‘em – two!) cross country drives with Two and a return trip with Mary.

Yup, it’s gonna be a good summer.
As summers go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.