Total Pageviews

Friday, June 19, 2015

Current events

I made the mistake of looking at news on the web during lunch today. There are just too many awful things happening in this world just now. I won’t list them here because you probably already know and if you don’t, why spoil your day, right?

So instead of dwelling on downers like the impending train wreck of a presidential election cycle or gunmen in churches and such, I thought I would take advantage of this space to share some things that tickle me. So, here goes…
A young woman of my acquaintance has had a recent experience with crashing and burning. Except, she didn’t. What she did was stand back up, brush off and start looking for a new direction. And another young friend has returned triumphant from a transformative experience abroad, with new lights in her eyes and a spring in her step.

Mary and Two did some ‘good shopping’ for Two’s new digs in Chicago and One is thinking about new adventures including a potential career shift.
Our friend whose son passed last week is finding out just how many people loved her little boy and valued his life. How many he touched and that she is not alone in her loss because she was not alone in understanding what a special person he was.

I recently made a major breakthrough in understanding how to finish my large writing project after a lo-o-o-ong dry period. And the breakthrough came on an airplane six miles in the air, so for the moment air travel is somewhat redeemed in my mind. The characters have awakened and the words are flowing. Watch out, Toni and Angela and Sruthi and get ready to do some editorial reading!
Odin the Large and Lazy’s cancer appears to be in some sort of remission (knock wood) and I haven’t had to yell at Zoey the Small and Annoying in (almost) a week!

I spent part of this week in Butte, Montana. In addition to meeting some truly wonderful people, I spent two evenings kicking around in this old mining town that I would never otherwise have come to know. It’s always educational to be immersed, if only for a few days, in a culture that is so removed from the experiences of my own upbringing.
And of course, this evening I’m sitting in the family room with Mary and Two and the dogs writing this for a small group of friends.

Don’t believe CNN. These are my current events and life really, truly is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.