Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Family stuff

So here I sit in our hotel room in Cambridge. Daughter Two has gone off to one of her pre-grad events and Daughter One is not flying in until tomorrow evening, so Mary and I are sharing a lovely, quiet evening. Tomorrow we’re going to tour some sites and sights in Boston that we haven’t seen on previous trips. Friday is commencement and then we have a couple days together as a family.

We’ll help Two move out of her house for the last time, share meals at places we’ve been meaning to try and of course, the non-me members of the famille will most likely do some ‘good shopping,’ whatever that means. We will have lots of time to just be us as a family.
I know it is not news to you that I’m proud of our daughters. They have each accomplished much in their still-young lives. Any Dad would be beaming to have these two as offspring. But it goes beyond that.

I spent a weekend last month with One, seeing her dinner show and just talking about stuff over meals. And today Mary and I did the same with Two. And I am struck by the fact that each of them is a person I’m glad to know. A person I’d love to invite to dinner if I were just meeting her for the first time.
Both have good brains, large hearts and a huge well of compassion. They are fun and goofy and fascinating and insightful and knowledgeable. Insatiable readers and noticers and understanders.

These are two young women that any of you would be happy to know.
And Mary and I get to spend the weekend with them.

Beat that with a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.