Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Great customer service

On the way home from the gym today I stopped to pick up some fast food for lunch. (And yes, I get the irony; don’t be snarky!)

Anyhow, it’s been a tough couple of weeks and the next few at work promise to be busy and stressful, although the road trip with daughters will be spirit mending. Meanwhile, I’m home alone, trying to stay busy and not think about problems and not worry about the folks I love.
So anyway, I’m not in the best frame of mind, generally speaking. And I didn’t feel like going home to eat and then going back out to run errands. So I turned into the fast food place with a familiar sense of surrender.
 
And then, through the drive through speaker (which worked well, believe it or not) came the friendliest voice you can imagine. This guy made me instantly feel like I’d fallen in with friends.  He joked without delaying me and made a suggestion that actually made sense and just made me feel like his only reason for being was to help me have a wonderful lunch experience.

Think about this: all he had to work with was a boring fast food chicken sandwich and his personality. And from those ingredients, he put together a truly positive luncheon experience for me.
When I pulled up to pay the guy had rotated away from the window so I passed kudos through his manager. And I hope the manager made this guy feel as special as he made me feel.

Sometimes, you just get the nicest surprises in the most unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.