Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Time for different

It’s a Saturday morning. I sit here in my workout clothes because the gym is the next item on my day’s agenda and watch through the window as the wind moves the branches and makes the leaves appear to be quaking. And I think, what’s next?

Not in terms of minutes and hours, those will be spent grunting on the elliptical machine and picking up chicken wire at the hardware store and my shirts from the cleaner and then making room in the garage to move Daughter One’s stuff in next weekend.
But seriously, what’s next?

At a flash fiction writing event on Thursday last I found myself among a group of people who love writing as do I but whose take on what that means is entirely different from my own. Not alien, but decidedly different. And I found myself really liking and responding to different.
And then I came back and looked at this blog and realized it needs to be something different. But which different should it be?

I’m thinking of mebbe posting short fiction or perhaps a thought for each day (naw, done too much already by people who are good at it) or perhaps more socially driven topical essays. Or, or, or…
I dunno what this thing is going to become except for this – In November 2010, I posted:

               “This is my first entry as a newly minted bloggerboy…Now to think of something worthy to say…Maybe later.”
Methinks ‘later’ has caught up to me.

Please keep watching.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Bloggerboy,
    I love your blog just the way it is, sometimes personal, sometimes worldly, always a good read. If you change it up my (sound) advice is to just blog more often!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.