Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Things I do whilst home sick


              Yeah, I called in sick today. I think I finally got tagged by the flu that felled both Mary and Daughter One in the last week and today I just wasn’t quite recovered enough to ride the bus. And frankly, I can’t complain, having received a decidedly less catastrophic dose of the grunge than did loved ones mine.

              The thing is, unless I’m actually writhing in pain or doubled over plumbing, it’s not easy for me to just stay in bed. So ten o’clock found me stumbling around the manse dressed in my oddly stretched sleep shirt, shapeless sleep shorts and big ugly slippers, an ensemble that has remained on me all day and into the eve. Thus adorned, I found myself engaged in the following activities:

·       Watching the Cake Boss marathon

·       Sorting stuff into keep / donate / toss piles

·       Doing the dishes

·       Patting the dogs

·       Working on the book editing

·       Calling my sister

·       Thinking about how to torture Daughter Two’s boyfriend when he comes for Christmas with her

·       Patting the dogs

·       Whining

·       Reading James Fahey’s memoire

·       Watching a fly

·       Patting the dogs

·       Writing this

Okay, so I never said I do exciting stuff when I don’t feel great. I think you can see a theme here.

As One says, whatevs…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.