Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Michael whining

As I type this the temperature in Fairbanks, Alaska is reported by the National Weather Service as 17 degrees below zero. The highest the temperature is predicted to reach between now and Wednesday is 15 above zero.

Normally, I’m not particularly bothered by sub-zero temperatures. I always go fully prepared with warm clothing, including toasty socks and layers for the bodkin. I even take Long Johns. Heavy hiking boots. Ski gloves. My own window scraper, just in case the one the rental car company provides proves unequal to the task.
Of course, I take what we’ve come to call my Alaska Coat. It’s a REALLY warm parka with a plethora of pockets, each stuffed with cold weather accessories such as extra gloves, muffler, knit cap - you get the picture.

My preparation is complete.
Well, sort of.

The thing that’s missing at this point is health. I have a cold. Wait – did I say A cold? No,no,no, I have THE cold. The mother of colds. The cold from Hell!
I’ll be okay, really. I’ll ride in a heated tube, then drive a heated car, eat in a heated restaurant and settle into a heated room, where I will sleep under the covers from both queen beds. I will be working in a heated office until time to turn around and repeat the process in reverse order, all within a succession of warm artificial cocoons.

So, I can’t really whine about catching a cold just in time for a trip to Fairbanks, can I?
Sure I can! 

Waaaaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.