Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Today

Today was a good ‘un. I finished recording a teaching module before lunch time and I think it’s one of my better efforts. I know business training might not seem sexy to some of you but it’s what I do and it’s always nice to feel you’ve done something useful, well.

Mary made elite status with her primary air carrier midway through her flight to Dallas today and I will do the same somewhere over Wyoming on my way back from Omaha next week. In this time of declining comfort and courtesy aboard airplanes, it sure is nice to be able to claim an exit row aisle or even (dare I say it?) get upgraded to First Class. Don’t care about the food; it’s all about leg room. Small victories, doncha know.
Having found and purchased appropriate binders to contain the manuscripts of my latest book last night, this evening I can begin printing and prepping the copies to go to my first round reviewers. I love writing, love the process and just don’t get the published authors who go on about what sublime torture it can be. Even so, it’s always nice to have one in the can, so to speak, especially one I like as much as I do The Patent Desk.

To top things off, when our office manager went through the desk of a former colleague who retired last week, what should show up but my copy of On the Nickel, one of my all-time favorite movies? Since it’s out of print and not likely to be reissued it was a big deal when I was able to find a copy and it had gone missing over a year ago. I must have loaned it to this guy to watch – we shared music and movies all the time - and we both forgot he had it.
I know none of these looms large on a global scale. We face immense societal problems that must be resolved and I hope to continue doing my part.

Still, for the moment and in my little corner of the world, I am content.
As I said, today was a good ‘un.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.