Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hillary Clinton

Yes, I will mark your name on the ballot.

Please, please do not think for a minute that I am voting for you. As has often been the case in my life, I am voting pragmatically rather than hopefully.

You see, I know personally the truth behind only a couple of your claims but in both instances, you vastly overstated your advocacy for the downtrodden and your own achievements on their behalf. So I have to wonder about the rest.

So, I can’t trust you.

But the thing is, I think you’re even more of a pragmatist than am I. And while I’m willing to accept claims that you’re a hard worker, I don’t for a minute believe you will try to do it all yourself. And I view that as a compliment.

It’s important for a leader to realize they can’t know all, do all, adjudicate every argument. It’s important for a leader to rely on staff and advisers and subject matter experts. And from what I know of you, you will likely do that.

I believe you will lead a team that will bring some balance back to the Federal judiciary. And I believe you will listen to people on matters and issues about which you simply can’t ever know enough because no one person can know it all.

I’m glad we’re finally electing a woman. But make no mistake – there are other women I wish had been on the ballot. Still, a woman’s perspective is welcome, so please do remember that constituency.

BTW, you should really send a fruit basket to Donald Trump. He has given you the great gift of being allowed to run against a candidate for whom no thinking and caring person could ever vote. 

Ultimately, it is likely that fact that will land you in the White House.

I believe you’ll be elected. But don’t count on a second term. You have to actually earn that because next time around the Republicans will work very hard not to supply you with such an easy target as The Donald. If you do, if you actually earn this office I will more gladly vote for you next time around.

But you do need to earn it. Get busy.


Because I want so badly to be wrong about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.