Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A lawn tragedy

One of the stories posted on the CNN site today relates how this guy unintentionally killed his 40,000 sq ft lawn by spraying the wrong stuff on it. He went to his local store and after lengthy consultation with several store employees, purchased not one but three containers of a pre-emergent herbicide designed to kill EVERYTHING. He then proceeded to treat his lawn with what turned out to be a really effective lawn-no-more.

The video story shows this poor chump standing in a sea of dead, puzzling over how the weed killer company could have so egregiously misled him. And that's where I came in.

I have to wonder why CNN thought this was news, worthy of posting to their august site. First of all, dead lawns aren't news, as evidenced by the trail of non-newsworthy yards left behind in various locations by yours truly.

But suppose lawnicide was noteworthy. This guy had to use chemicals to accomplish the dastardly deed. I've killed lawns with little more than inattention. I've killed lawns when neighbors' yards on either side of me sported lush acreage of rye or bluegrass. In fact the only time I've failed to thoroughly kill a lawn was when I wanted it to go away so I could plant something else.

I'm feeling a bit overlooked, CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.