Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Accounting


I really want to thank the accountants of the world. The good and ethical ones, of course.

I’m taking an accounting course through City U right now and I have to tell you it’s a chore to talk myself into reading the book, doing the problems, studying for the test. I wasn’t interested when I took my 200-level accounting series and this 400-level financial analysis course is no less grinding.

I care not at all for debits, credits, contra accounts, ratios or any of the other concepts that apparently provide unlimited fascination for this poor schlubb who’s teaching the course. Seems like a nice enough guy, to the extent that you can tell in an online course. I just wonder where a nice guy like this could have gone wrong.

I’m really glad there are guys like him to do a job I wouldn’t want for all the money in the world. I don’t disrespect what they do; I just would never want to do it myself.

Accounting has to be the second most boring subject in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.