Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Susan


I am spending most of this evening writing a nomination citation in favor of a friend of mine. Her name is Susan and I’m nominating her for a state award as a disabilities advocate.  As I write, transferring notes to page and converting ideas to explication, I am realizing more and more what a treasure she is.

Susan has dedicated her life to finding ways to help folks living with disabilities live fulfilled lives. She is a tireless advocate, a fierce competitor and a trusted and dear friend.

I can’t spend any more time on this missive because I have to get the nomination out to the folks who are writing endorsements. I could go on and on about Susan but for this evening, I have to stick to the “official” writing.

My wish for each and all of you this evening is that you have a Susan in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.