Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

News for the new year?


A new item popped up in my e-mail yesterday. Normally I just delete and block unwanted e-mail but this one claimed to be from the Washington Post so I checked it out.
In case you’re interested, here are some of the ‘news stories’ that are important for me to read, according to the WP Social Reader:

1.       Gun shows face new scrutiny after school shooting (I hope it’s true but will believe it when I see it.)

2.       Former Rep. Giffords visits town of school shooting (So she has had time to recover enough to make this trip but we’ve done nothing in the interim to make this visit unnecessary – we ought to be collectively ashamed.)

3.       Holiday sales decline shows Nook losing its niche (I love my Nook and it fills my niche quite nicely, thank you.)

4.       Pregnant Kim Kardashian angry at Kris Humphries for dragging out divorce  (Why on earth would anyone care about this and what have we come to when the WP considers it news?)

5.       Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie secretly got married on Christmas Day: rumor (Are rumors news, even rumors about such august eminences as these two?)

6.       Kim Kardashian’s Motherhood Guide (Naw, too easy…)
Judging by the photo of my daughters linked to this ‘news feed,’ I’m guessing ’twas our good friends at Facebook who have thus invaded my email. This is one of myriad reasons why I am seriously considering closing down my Facebook page.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.