Total Pageviews

Monday, August 11, 2014

A shopping trip

I am NOT a big fan of shopping. When I go to retail emporia, I like to take a list with me. The better to get in and get back out doncha know. Grocery stores are better than other types but I would not be crushed to have our food delivered, most times. Except I’m also cheap, so I do go to the supermarket.

So, why am I so looking forward to shopping this evening? And especially because it’s to be shopping in a foo-foo mall for gifts for people I don’t know?
It’s like this… Daughter Two heads back to school clear across the continent in four days – three and a half, more like. Don’t know where the summer went but go it did. And of course, the few days remaining are work days, with evenings scheduled to be taken up with various get-ready-to-go-back-to-Boston chores.

In a few minutes, Two will get home from work and gym, shower and then we’ll all head out to an air conditioned mall for gift shopping. Fortunately for me, we’re a fairly pragmatic family. I will not be expected to pretend to take part in the shopping per se, given my utter dearth of any shopitudinous aptitude.
I will be allowed to follow along, looking at stuff I find interesting and not required to feign interest in the bulk of the retail offerings we’ll encounter. I can people watch and sip a coffee (NOT Starbucks, blech!) and just be around my daughter for another evening.

That’s enough for me. I really like time spent with my daughters. Even if it means going shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.