Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Thanks

I love you for reading this. I really do.

Not for the thrill it gives me to watch the hit counter and know that people chose to drop by, although I guess honesty demands that I admit that’s part of it.
I love you for the choice. At this moment you could be running out to the store or reading about the latest political eruption or any of the other things with which we occupy our minds when we are neither working nor doing our laundry.

You chose to be here for this brief moment of time. And if you’ve been here before, as have most of you, it is clear by now that you’ll find nothing earth shattering in this lonely column. It’s just life. My life and my observations on the lives of others.
I like to think I provide you something in return for trusting me with a bit of the two commodities you can never replace – your time and attention. I hope I do because I feel a responsibility in that regard.

I love people who choose thoughtful conversation over diatribes, although I must admit the frequency with which I’m tempted to rant about the issue of the day (and sometimes do).
I read similar (frequently better) pages like this written by others whose thoughts I find interesting or soothing or inspiring. Some of you, some others.

I hope there never comes a time when we don’t make time for simple sharing of thoughts. Truly, I love that you feel the same.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this. It is lonely when we stop by and think you have forsaken us by your absence!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.