Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Time Marches On

Daughter Two is up in her bedroom addressing high school graduation announcements and choosing which dorms she wants to request for college.  Wasn’t it just this afternoon that she was decorating the kitchen wall with marinara sauce from her perch in the high chair?
Daughter One is moving out of her apartment preparatory to a performance tour in Europe, after which she’ll head off to work at Disney for the summer. Surely, it was no more than three days ago that I studied for my accounting series sitting in the hallway outside her bedroom so she wouldn’t worry about the monsters outside her window.
I’m not feeling very profound at the moment. I’m just missing the little girls that used to live in our house. Of course, I love and respect the women who’ve replaced them.  I can’t wait to peek around the next corner of their futures. But at the same time, can’t it all just slow down, just a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.