Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A message from Daughter Two

So, Daughter Two arrived safely in Cambridge, MA. She met up with a bunch of other new MIT students and collectively they got all their stuff from the airport to the school. (Okay, not really ALL her stuff, but I’ve already sort of covered that in an earlier post.)

We know for sure that she made it to campus and met her new roommate. We know for sure, because our several questions along those lines were collectively answered by a single text that read, in its entirety: “Yup:).”
Coming from Daughter Two, this translates to mean “I am here and safe, enjoying meeting people, love my roommate, had help getting my stuff from the airport to the dorm and don’t really want to take the time to converse with parents for the moment. I love you and am struck at this pivotal moment by how fantastic you have been as parents and how fortunate I am to have grown up in your household. I have eaten and taken my medication and am keeping hydrated. Please don’t worry about me and understand that I am intent on making good use of my first few days here. I will be in touch in more depth and breadth later, perhaps tomorrow. Meanwhile, know that you are in my thoughts and that I will always hold you in my heart. Love always, Daughter Two!”
It’s sort of a code. You’d have to know her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.