Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bucket listing

Mary and I were discussing our bucket lists the other day during a drive through some of the most beautiful country I’d ever seen. It should have been easy in such a setting to imagine where I’d like to go, what I’d like to see and do.

The trouble is, I was already doing it.

We were on our twenty-fifth anniversary outing to Leavenworth, WA. It’s a faux Bavarian town and I have to admit I find it highly hokey. But I was there with Mary on a glorious weekend for walking and talking.  The Bernese Mountain Dog folks were having a big meeting and after the parade – they seem to really like parades in Leavenworth – I hung out with the dogs and their owners while Mary shopped.

We walked along the river and poked into the shops. Chose a dozen chocolates one by one and ate breakfast in a place where they really care about your dining experience.

We passed between ridgelines covered with windmills and past valleys populated by fattening ruminants. And saw Daughter One’s last ever college musical. Twice.

It was a good weekend all told, but I didn’t have much to add to the bucket list. I’ll think about it. But not when I’m this contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.