Total Pageviews

Friday, May 25, 2012

The homestead in the Spring


We’re having Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner tonight. I know, it’s neither elegant nor particularly healthful. What it is, is go-o-o-o-d.

I’m finished with six weeks of heavy travel and budget constraints will keep me home for most of June and July. Mary and I have big plans for getting our landscaping work finally done. Or at least, advanced. Of course, our progress will depend on our ability to disabuse Odin of the opinion that each new planting represents the opportunity for a snout-burying adventure. The jury is still out on whether Big Dawg will survive until Rachel makes it home to protect him from Mary’s wrath.

Mary is cleaning up her car to prepare it to trade in for a more fuel-efficient model. I’m cleaning up the truck so she can stand to drive it while she’s between cars, if she is.

I’ll be out in the yard over the three-day weekend, weather permitting. And if not, I’ll be cleaning the garage. It’s time.

We’re going to try to migrate to better dietary habits, after the pizza, that is.

It’s springtime at the McDermotts’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.