Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A book recommendation

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. It made me cry at the end.

I don’t mean that as a manner of speaking. I mean I kept wiping my eyes and casting furtive glances to the other side of the bed to make sure Mary hadn’t caught me.
There was never a time while reading this book when I was entirely sure what was going to happen next. And I frequently found myself asking Stedman to back up and take a different path. But the woman is unflinching in taking the story in directions dictated by the lives of the characters, rather than by the sensibilities of the reader.

No kidding, made me cry.
And now, if you’ll excuse, I need to go do something manly. Ahem...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and PLEASE don't read about the book before you read the book. trust me on this - Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.