Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Small pleasures


It doesn’t take much to float my boat.
Mary and I were touring the annual recreational vehicle show last weekend and while there, I picked up a new set of bungee cords for my kayak. Itty-bitty bungees that I can use to secure deck items such as water bottles and zip lock bags of nuts/raisins/chocolate chips (Trail mix – they call that trail mix,  Michael!   [Oh,yeah…]).

Yes, I’m a sucker for the crap they sell in booths at consumer shows. I mean, you didn’t really think we were shopping for an RV, were you? But we did spend forty bucks for five bucks worth of show food and picked up some really cool brochures for recycling at home later when we found ourselves wondering why on earth we decided to bring home a stack of brochures.
And of course, the bungees.

I took them out of their package today and separated them into sets according to size, imagining as I went all the cool uses to which I’ll put each of them. I got a big kick out of my little flight of fancy.
Yes, I am indeed a sad, sad man.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you lived for the prize in the Cracker Jacks box!....Me, too and the 4 four peanuts at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find that sad...it is good to find value and pleasure in small things.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.