Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bachelorhood

My wife comes home in less than a week and let me tell you, I couldn’t be more thrilled. I do not like living without her. I do not like it, Sam I Am.

You see, I am not good at some things.
Don’t get me wrong. I am good at some things. Petting dogs and writing (sometimes) and driving long distances without falling asleep and singing and teaching and curriculum development.

I’m a decent folk guitar player and really pretty good at building stuff for the house. I can dead lift my body weight which I will decline to quantify here but let me just say you should be impressed.
I can sing le Marseillaise in French and recite the Suscipiat in Latin and belt out Dein geburstag ist erschienen in German, much to the chagrin of Sherree who accompanied me on it in high school and would likely be overjoyed never to hear it again.

I can grill a steak to perfection which if we’re honest isn’t actually all that impressive since of course I like the way I grill them because I tend to grill them the way I like them.
I can accept criticism as long as it’s aimed at someone else and hot weather as long as it occurs somewhere I’m not. And broccoli when it’s being consumed on another continent.

What I do not do particularly well is spend more than about a week away from my wife.
Or deciding stuff. Mary usually does that.

She’s coming home next Thursday.
I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. One caveat: foul language, epithets, assaultive posts, etc. will be deleted. Let's keep it polite.